We are pleased to announce to you that Lord’s Day services have resumed! Services will be held in our sanctuary at 10:00AM with some changes made in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and the recommendations made by Tennessee elected officials. The service will include all the usual elements of Christian worship—gathering on the Lord’s Day, prayer, the reading and preaching of the Word, the observance of the Lord’s Supper, the singing of psalms and hymns, and the consecration of tithes and offerings. What will be different are reasonable precautions made for the safety, welfare, and peace of mind of worshipers in the light of our present circumstances.
Here are the important changes to be implemented for the present:
- We ask that everyone (if possible) take his or her temperature before coming to worship and to remain at home if running a fever.
- We recommend that everyone wear a mask while entering the building, taking your seat, and exiting. A sufficient number of face masks will be available for anyone who wishes to wear one.
- We ask that you greet one another without physical contact such as shaking hands or hugging.
- The Lord’s Supper will be observed using bread and wine in individual, disposable packaging.
- We offer space in the foyer for parents of young children who need to exit the service—regular childcare will resume at another time.
- The offering plates will be placed near the sanctuary doorways so that the passing of the offering plates during the service will not be necessary.
- Ushers will aid families in selecting seating in the sanctuary so as to maintain social distance.
- Greeters will open and close exterior doors for everyone.
- We’ll forego serving refreshments for the time being and there will be no Sunday School.
- Please avoid the downstairs area due to current construction projects.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
We realize that there are a variety of views on what precautions should be taken at this time and that there are individual needs and levels of acceptable risk. We have chosen to err, if we err, on the side of caution and ask for your cooperation. We do understand if some of you are not ready to come back to church at this time, and we will continue to provide sermons and other resources via our website. Sunday School will resume as soon as it is feasible to do so.
Please see our podcast page for a podcast prepared especially for you.
Our meeting place is located in the Valley West Commercial Park (7 Valley W Dr, Dickson, TN 37055, just off Highway 70W). Directions from Interstate 40: Take Exit 172 to Dickson. At the 70 Bypass, turn left (West). We are two miles ahead on left. Phone 615-740-7898
Please see our podcast page for a one-hour podcast.